Ten Diet Essentials Every Woman Should Know About Pcos
PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian syndrome) is more often than not , the result of poor nutritional and lifestyle choices. Which means that by following PCOS diet. You are taking a step in right direction if you have irregular periods, infertility, obesity, hirsutism and body hair
Donec ornare, est sed tincidunt placerat, sem mi suscipit mi, at varius enim Mauris ienim id purus ornare tincidunt. Aenean vel consequat riss. Proin viverra nisi at nisl imperdiet auctor. Donec ornare, esed tincidunt placerat sem mi suscipit mi, at varius enim sem at sem. Fuce tempus ex nibh, eget vlputate lgula ornare eget. Nunc facilisis erat at ligula blandit tempor. maecenas.
PCOs diet should be rich in nutrients to balance the hormones .Following 10 tips are the best natural PCOS treatment possible:
- 1. Throw out junk food: Go through your cupboards, fridge and freezer. Make a list of all the things that you feel the craving for: sodas, processed meats, white rice, cake , pastries , chocolates, cookies and the sauces. If you don’t see it, you will not crave for it.
- 2. Plan your meals: Always keep the stock of healthy options while travelling in advance and be ready to prepare your nutritious meals on time. The more you organize your meals , the lesser your temptation for junk food will be.
- 3. Shop right: Make sure your grocery basket contains all natural foods, bright coloured vegetables, lean meats and low fat dairy products instead of packaged products full of preservatives.
- 4. Healthy eating habits: Eat 5-6 smaller meals in a dayand avoid any distraction at your meal times. Cut out on all refined sugars, processed foods. Eat clean meals full of healthy proteins , complex carbohydrates and natural fibre rich foods.
- 5. Avoid stimulants: Cut out on your coffee, tea and other stimulants after sunset which interfere with your daily sleep cycle. Such stimulants and bright screen lights at bed time create havoc on your already critical hormonal balance.
- 6. Stay hydrated: Water helps flush out toxins and metabolic wastes from the body. 8-12 glasses a day is a necessity to stay hydrated .Water helps to fight hormonal imbalances./li>
- 7. Stay active throughout the day: Increasing NEAT calories(Non Exercise Activity Thermogenesis) is the key to fight insulin resistance which leads to weight gain in PCOS. Target to achieve 10,000 steps a day to keep yourself active throughout the day.
- 8. Low carb diet. A 1200-1600 calorie diet is enough to achieve weightloss as obesity is a huge problem for women suffering from PCOS. No carb diets are not sustainable and can lead to mood swings, frustration and low energy. Eating complex carbs can help you see better results in your weightloss journey thereby helping you fight insulin resistance and other hormonal imbalances
- 9. Include protein rich meals: Ensure you daily get lean protein through fish, poultry, and nuts which will satisfy your appetite making you feel fuller. Adding protein increases the metabolism.
- 10. Adding fiber to diet: 30 g of dietary fiber is required for the healthy gut and proper bowel movement. Get plenty of fiber through whole grains, vegetables and fruits.